What you need to know
• No inventory tax. The inventory tax has been eliminated in most area communities and is being phased out in others.
• No county tax.
• No local sales tax.
(Excepting 1% Local Option Tax in Burlington, South Burlington & Williston)
• No local corporate net worth tax.
• Low state sales tax 6%.
• No sales tax on manufacturing equipment or packaging.
• Rooms & meals tax 9%.(Plus Local Option Tax if applicable)
• Property taxes are determined at a city/town level.
Further business tax information is available from the Vermont Department Of Taxes (802-828-2551) or visit http://www.state.vt.us/tax/business.shtml.
Visit more on the local information page. If you have other questions about taxes in Vermont or would like help with finding a home in Burlington VT or another town in the area, contact Brian. You might also like to view Brian's listings or start your own home search.